Saturday, September 20, 2008

How Fast, O Spam?

I am amazed at the speed of junk. I am not talking about the amount that accumulates in the basement or attic or on my desk. That no longer amazes me.

I went to open my e-mail, check messages, clear out the spam filter, and go on about my correspondence. I read some e-mails, sent a few off to others, sorted some church business, did a few more things. As I was about to sign out, I decided to go back and check my in-box one more time. To my astonishment, there were another 20 spam messages in the filter.

Why do we need to stay tuned to messages of hope, faith, joy and love, in other words, Good News? Because we are bombarded by bad messages, double-dealing offers, false promises, and other spam, both electronic and otherwise, all the time.

It also helps to have a good filter. On the e-mail as well.

No comments: